"We met Susie displaying her pictures at the 'Art on the Hill Arts Trail', and she was by far our favourite artist. Fast forward two years and having commisioned a painting we are now proud owners of a piece of art relating to our street.
The process was very straightforward and we were kept up to date throughout. If you have a special occasion looming one of Susie's pictures is a perfect present".
Carlton and Nicki (Windmill Hill).
How it works:
Susie is available to undertake commissions large or small in a variety of mediums. Her works focuses on rural and city scenes in and around the Bristol area. Susie’s work ranges from large scale oil canvases to pen and ink drawings.
Examples of work may include:
- Paintings of your home
- Landscape paintings of your favourite view
- Drawings of churches, registry offices and venues for wedding, civil partnerships or christenings
- Paintings of your business building for promotional use
Greeting cards and prints can be made from your painting, to be used as personal stationery, or as gifts.
The process of the commission is as follows:
1. Contact me to discuss subject, size, medium, deadline and price. I can advise on all of these factors to make sure you are commissioning exactly what you want and show you examples of previous work.
2. Composition and subject agreed. Subject, size, medium, deadline and price agreed with the client. The client may share photographs of the composition they would like. Through subject research by the artist they may reveal other opportunities and alternatives.
3. 30% deposit provided by client to the artist to secure commission.
4. Artist to work up preliminary sketches in a semi abstract style to agree composition and colour palette. This is shared with the client in a jpg scan. Any changes can be agreed prior to beginning the painting.
5. Artist to capture all stages of the painting in photographs, particularly the preliminary sketches, under-painting and finished painting.
6. On completion I will send a jpg photograph for final approval. We can then arrange balance of payment, delivery the painting to you along with images of all the documented stages.
The price of your commission will depend on size, mediums and detail you require for your piece. Guideline prices for commissions are as follows:
A5 = £120
A4 = £250
A3 = £450
A2 = £600
A1 = £1200 or larger!
Prices include private consultation meeting, materials, preparation sketches and delivery.
Please contact Susie to discuss your ideas and requirements.